If you are like everyone else, you probably asked yourself, does my soulmate exist? How can I tell if I have met the person? A soulmate is an individual who shares your sense of direction. The person enters your life to enrich you, and challenge you to overcome obstacles, leading to life transformation. It can be anyone from a relative, friend or a lover.
Who Is My Soulmate – 4 Different Kinds?
Soulmate relationships differ from others because, they are intense, lack boundaries and aim to make you into a better person. There is always a strong, energetic link, binding the two of you and the capacity for life transformation. There are 4 main types of soulmate relationships and none of them is worse or better because each plays a role in your spiritual growth.
1) Teacher Soulmate
Known as karmic soulmates, it includes anybody coming to your life to teach you something. The lesson can be anything and can take the form of challenging circumstances to overcome. Soul teachers can be friends, relatives, acquaintances, exes or enemies. The relationship can start off as a friendship or a romantic relationship but it doesn’t last.
2) Friend Soulmate
Of all soulmate connections, this is the most common. “My soulmate friend is someone I share similar interests, tastes, beliefs, and values with.” They can become soul teachers, but the connection between you is not as strong as a soul companion. You choose these people based on your similar world perception and you get along well.
3) Twin Flame Soulmate
It is the highest level of soulmate connection. Finding a twin soulmate is equal finding your soul’s half and a part of yourself that was missing. Soul twins have synced spiritual natures, share complementary life goals and experience greater feelings of comfort and wholeness with the each other. They also can bring up things within each of you that can be challenging to help you become aware of and grow in areas that you not have mastered.
4) Companion Soulmate
The relationship can be platonic or romantic and feel like you have known the person forever. Companion soulmates share similar attributes with teacher and friend soulmates. They teach, and help you grow, as they share your life journey. Soul companions are in harmony and the connection requires effort and work but it can last for life.
7 Soulmate Signs to Look Out For
1) Transformation for The Better
“My soulmate will transform my life for better, in one way or another.” You may learn something new, experience certain emotions or feelings or become someone better. A soulmate helps you evaluate yourself and causes you to transcend challenges.
2) You Share Similar Life Goals
One of the soulmate signs to note, is that you and your soulmate have the same kind of values, goals and beliefs. You may also have the same intuitions, dreams and share a similar life purpose. Your means to achieving the goals may differ, but you are seeking the same end.
3) Intense Chemistry and Completeness
For twin flames, there is indescribable intense chemistry that draws the two of you together. Though opposite people with contrasting personalities, you create harmony and complete each other. You have deep respect for each other and relate to each other’s feelings
4) You Relate To Each Other’s Feelings
With your soulmate, you become aware of each other’s feelings distinctly stepping into the other person’s shoes. You know the other person quite well, you can sense what they are feeling or thinking by looking at them. You can immediately tell when something is not right.
5) You Feel at Home
“My soulmate not only makes me feel complete but also entirely at home when I am with him.” The relationship between you flows easily and sometimes develops without much effort. You feel the need to let the relationship unfold even when you don’t know where it will take you to.
6) You Can Be Your True Self
A soulmate brings out the best and worst in you but despite this, you feel comfortable to be yourself. This person is a like a mirror of your true self and will help you work on yourself to become the best you can be.
7) You Just Know
Sometimes when you meet someone, you will feel an immediate connection and end up feeling as if you have known that person previously. It can be because you have experienced the same life stories or the person reminds you of the weaknesses in your life which require acting upon.
The Soulmate Quiz
A quiz helps you answer, “who is my soulmate?” Provide a Yes or No answer to the questions and tally up the answers. A “yes” answer to more than 20 questions means you are with your soulmate. If your answer to question 24 was “yes” and you responded positively to 20 questions, you are twin flames. Positive answers to less than 20 questions means you are karmic soulmates.
- Did you experience extreme unexplainable comfort, when you first met?
- Does my soulmate reveal the best sides of me?
- Do you feel free to be your true self in the other person’s presence?
- Is your relationship expansive?
- In times of conflict, do you cooperate in resolving it?
- Do you forgive easily in the relationship?
- Is your sex life a deepened natural extension of your relationship?
- Are you secure in this relationship?
- Do you build each other up?
- Can you be vulnerable and imperfect and not worry about judgment?
- Do you generally experience a feeling of win-win in the relationship?
- Did you meet the other in a remarkable manner?
- Is your relationship smoothly flowing?
- Are you safe to sexually express yourself with my soulmate?
- Are you usually confident things will work out when you fight?
- Was each of you on track to achieving your life purpose when you met?
- Does the relationship challenge and encourage your growth?
- Do you share a creative, inspirational connection?
- Do you generally feel like an equal in the relationship?
- Does the relationship support you to become a more whole person?
- Are you and your partner positively moving together in life?
- Do you experience cooperation more than struggle in the relationship?
- Do you feel your partner is a gift in your life?
- Are you working together towards a larger purpose that neither can handle alone?
There you have it, a little knowledge to help you answer the age old question; have I met my soulmate?
Regardless of whether you think you are with your soulmate or not does not devalue any relationship that you are in. EVERY relationship is purposeful, challenging, empowering and will support your personal growth.
If you see your relationship as a way to ‘see yourself’ and cease the judgment of anyone you will find a tremendous freedom that will support your joy and deeper connection with yourself and others.
Author: Esateys Stuchiner
Esateys (pronounced Ee sáh teez) is an International Life Transformational Speaker, Author, Master Facilitator, Life Coach and Expert in the Human condition. She is a Nationally and Board Certified Nurse Practitioner. For over 30 years, she has practiced, taught and lectured extensively in the allopathic and alternative medicine field.
Esateys is known for her groundbreaking work in the areas of personal empowerment and health restoration using mindset and inner connection as the catalyst for all change.
Esateys describes herself as the ‘Architect of the New You’ and has dedicated her life and professional career to helping her clients create “New Beginnings” by facilitating self empowerment, economic freedom and restored health.
For more information, go to esateys.com.