Do you feel tired, bloated and irritable most of the time?
You’re not the only one, we have all been there. High levels of toxins in the body can affect your overall feeling of well being and make you feel drained and depressed. If high levels of toxins are so harmful, how do we flush them out? By going on a 30 day detox diet, of course!
To clarify things; detoxification is a process that refers to the removal of toxins from the body. Detox diets flush out the toxins from the body and make one feel rejuvenated, energized and healthy. Detoxification is not synonymous to deprivation or fasting, rather it aims at making you feel good. You usually will lose weight during your cleanse as the fat tissue is no longer needed to store the toxins.
How Toxins Affect the Body
Our diet has a great impact on our health. The foods we consume can greatly affect our overall feeling of well-being. This is the reason why if our diets are high in caffeine, processed food, and sugar we are basically putting toxins in our body. And it is not just diet, the toxins come from our environment, the lotions and potions we put on our body, the electromagnetics that we are all bombarded with each day (We call this ‘Dirty Electricity’.) (Check out: https://selfhealinginstitute.com/2015/02/14/detoxification-life-depends/ for more information!)
A 30 day detox will support weight loss and a gradual release of the poisons that have been causing the physical breakdown and lowered immune system. It is most powerful for releasing food addictions and supporting a more permanent change in eating habits and food desires.
Homeostasis is the ability of the body to maintain a constant environment and the toxins in our body interfere with this complex process. The harmful toxins maybe the reason why you may suffer from things like stress headaches, acute joint pain, depression, lack of mental clarity, skin rashes, irritations, allergies and nasal stuffiness in the morning. Moreover, the toxins in our body contribute to weight gain and premature aging, which only aims at making us lose confidence and becoming irritable!
The 30-Day Detox Diet
The 30-day Detox plan calls for a complete review and shift of your current dietary habits that are no longer effective for you feeling Alive and Vibrant. There are many 7 and 10-day Detox diets out there which are helpful. Any kind of cleanse is going to be helpful although I advocate a 30 day regimen of detoxification as it allows you to settle in to a different eating pattern, and breaks up any food cravings you might have. After successfully completing the 30 days of your diet, not only will you have flushed out many of the toxins from your body but also will be able to continue your healthy eating habits. This will improve your health in the long run and make you feel and look younger and fresher!
A large part of the process of detoxification is that you change the kinds of food you eat and your eating habits. You may not know it but some or many of the foods you eat are most likely craved by you because your body is addicted to them.
In order to make significant change, release toxins, remove addictions and feel Awesome you must have your “MindSet” prepared and willing. If you do not it will be very difficult to follow through.
In order to Detox you should limit the intake of the following:
- Complex sugars – In order to Detox, the first thing that you will limit the consumption of will be sugar. Sugar is something that you may have become biologically addicted to and it accounts for such a deep desire for it even though it is NOT good for feeling healthy and having a strong immune system. This is because every time you have foods high in sugar content, they make your blood sugar level skyrocket which causes insulin to be pumped out.
Eventually, over time your body develops insulin resistance which leads to weight gain, diabetes and high blood pressure. This is also a cause of Reactive Hypoglycemia which is a drop in the sugar after a high level is reached. It can causes fatigue, shakiness, nausea, dizziness, light-headedness and other uncomfortable issues.
It is important to use complex carbohydrates, such as, whole grains, sweet potatoes, beans, green vegetables etc., which will convert to sugar over simple sugars like candies, jams, sodas, corn syrup honey etc. etc.. It is best to eat fruit in its whole form to receive the fiber, not dehydrated as the sugar is highly concentrated and not best for your pancreas, liver etc.
- Grains (even whole grains) – The most important thing for you to know when it comes to grains is that you do not need them. It may seem like you do but the truth is that grains, even the supposedly healthy whole grains, are packed with carbohydrates. Their high carbohydrates’ content makes grains like wheat a toxin.
Like sugar, grains are also highly addictive and can lead to insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is the cause of many underlying medical conditions, and can causes heart disease and premature aging. Grains also contain gluten which is harmful for gluten-intolerance or gluten-sensitive people. It may cause inflammation, severe joint pains and autoimmune disorders. Eliminate or eat less of these.
- Processed Meat – A study conducted by the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) aimed at finding out the health effects of consuming processed meat by monitoring the eating patterns of more than half a million men and women in ten countries over a period of ten years. All test subjects were from the ages of 35-69 and had no prior history of cancer, stroke or heart disease. At the end of the study EPIC concluded that around 3% of premature deaths can be prevented if people limit their daily intake of processed meat to 20g a day.
- Other foods and drinks that your body will appreciate you eliminating or reducing are:
- Industrial Seed Oils
The important thing to remember is detoxification is not all about eating less.
It is about eating better. You will have to completely overhaul your usual diet and instead focus on including healthy, organic and unprocessed foods. To completely change your dietary habits might be emotionally hard for you. Many people find food to be their best friend and to change that can be challenging. It is important to surround yourself with supportive people or find people on the social media that are also choosing Great Health and Life over old addictive habits!
The key is to come up with your own diet plan; every individual is different and has different calorie needs. Your gender, height, weight, and activities throughout the day determine your calorie count which is why a woman who works at an office cannot have the same diet plan as one who works as a housekeeper.
After finishing up with your 30-day diet it is important to remember that you must not fall into your old habits. Instead, continue and incorporate some healthy aspects of your 30-day diet to feel the prolonged benefits of detoxification. You can always come back here and re-read this article to remind why you went through with this and strengthen your determination!
Benefits of doing a 30-day Detox Diet?
There are great benefits to choosing a 30 day Detox Diet. Here a few:
- Weight loss: One benefit of a 30-day detox diet is the weight loss. Once you cut out all of the foods that contain fatty acids and carbohydrates from your food and instead consume fresh vegetables, you won’t have a problem in easily dropping a few pounds! And even if you do not need to lose weight you will feel so much better because your vitality will soar!
- Anti-aging: Another amazing benefit is that once toxins are flushed out of your body, it feels and looks younger. Eating healthy foods help remove blemishes, dark circles and spots which gives you a fresh and younger look
- Increased energy: Giving up sugar will make you realize that it made you feel bloated and heavy. However, once you reach the end of your diet you will appreciate that all that fresh and unprocessed food has helped you feel better and given you more energy. So stay with it!
- Better hair: Eating healthy foods can be amazing for your hair, as well. It helps it become shinier and reduces hair loss.
- Improved confidence: Knowing that you are doing something to change your bad habits can be an incredible confidence booster! Everything looks and is brighter!
We are so fortunate that our world is waking-up to the importance and power of how excellent nutrition affects every area of our life! As more people have become engaged in taking better care of themselves we are now seeing increased availability of NON-GMO, Organic, Live SuperFoods. Take advantage of the abundant options to eat clean and healthy. Join the ‘Health Trend’ and watch our Healthy Bodies create a Healthy Attitude.
Get Started Today! Enjoy a 30-day detox plan and Reap the Benefits!
- Relationships Done Different Facebook
- Relationships Done Different Twitter
- Relationships Done Different YouTube
Author: Esateys Stuchiner
Esateys (pronounced Ee sáh teez) is an International Life Transformational Speaker, Author, Master Facilitator, Life Coach and Expert in the Human condition. She is a Nationally and Board Certified Nurse Practitioner. For over 30 years, she has practiced, taught and lectured extensively in the allopathic and alternative medicine field.
Esateys is known for her groundbreaking work in the areas of personal empowerment and health restoration using mindset and inner connection as the catalyst for all change.
Esateys describes herself as the ‘Architect of the New You’ and has dedicated her life and professional career to helping her clients create “New Beginnings” by facilitating self empowerment, economic freedom and restored health.
For more information, go to esateys.com.