Do you Have Positive Attitude Thoughts?
Have you ever been stuck in a rut? You are neither happy nor unhappy, you just live an uneventful existence. You may have a great career, make lots of money, have a loving family, but still live your life on autopilot. The sad thing is, many people see this pattern as normal. They are unmotivated, bored, and don’t truly enjoy life (even though they may think they do).
What many don’t know is that their attitudes control their lives. Your attitude creates a foundation for success or failure and can make or break you. While your attitude controls your life, the good news is that you can control it. Positive attitude thoughts will bring positive, joyous results. Negative thoughts, on the other hand, ensure you fail before you even begin.
Why Develop Positive Attitude Thoughts?
We all know that a positive attitude is better than a negative one. But more often than not, we look at things negatively and have negative attitudes. Even the most positive of people can ignore the good and focus on the bad, especially when things aren’t going well.
Your life is a direct reflection of your attitude. Unconsciously, you can become negative and cynical as you are constantly exposed to distress, heartache, injustices, and tragedies. But a negative attitude can prevent you from enjoying life fully. It can affect your family, work, business, colleagues, and even community.
A positive attitude makes life enjoyable and fulfilling. But you can’t develop it overnight, you have to retrain your mind gradually. A positive attitude will make it easy for you to focus on your thoughts. You will start blocking negative thoughts and reframe emotions as you experience them.
The Power of Positive Words
Few things can hurt more than words. A CBS special aired in 2013 showed that words can not only hurt, they can kill. Research shows that a number of kids who are bullied in school end up committing suicide. The words we use can uplift or hurt, motivate or devastate. It is important for you to choose your words carefully because they reveal your thoughts.
Your words and your thoughts determine your destiny. Thoughts on attitude lead to positive words, and positive words lead to a happy life. Always remember that positive thinking and positive speech go hand in hand. Trying to talk positively while thinking negatively is like trying to drive with a flat tire, it won’t work.
Think about your own fears and insecurities, they probably originated from some harsh remarks made years ago. Remarks about your appearance, your weight, or your work ethic may be causing your present vulnerability and doubt. The good news is we can all learn how to use words that show love and inspire instead of those that hurt and destroy.
Don’t let negative words come out of your mouth. Stop saying “life is hard,” “I wish my life was different,” or “making money is so hard.” While billions of people say this every day, you can choose to be different. This can be hard to do if you associate with people who talk negatively, so you must distance yourself from them. If someone says something negative, respond positively. Remember it’s their reality, not yours.
How to Make Positive Affirmations Work for You
Positive affirmations have helped thousands of people to change their lives for the better. However, they haven’t worked for everyone. Why do some people significantly change after using affirmations while others see no results? Because a positive affirmation only works if it can program your mind to believe the stated words. Your mind doesn’t know what is real and what isn’t. This is why you cry when you watch a sad movie although you know it is Hollywood magic.
Negative beliefs rooted in your unconscious mind can take priority over positive affirmations even if you are not aware of it. Affirmations don’t work for many people because their negative thought patterns make them powerless. So, how can you ensure your positive affirmation overrides your negative thoughts? Here’s how.
- Make a list of your negative qualities. Include criticisms you’ve received that you hold on to.
- Write a positive affirmation for every negative quality.
- Say each positive affirmation out loud 3 times a day – in the morning, at midday, and at night before you sleep.
- Tell a friend to repeat the affirmation to you. This helps your mind to believe it.
Ask yourself questions that will send your mind off looking for positive helpful responses. For example:
- What’s great about this that I haven’t seen yet?
- How can it get any better than this?
- What is the most awesome thing that can happen today?
These type questions support the mind in being in a uplifting and powerful energy that will help you attract the kind of Life you would really love to live!
10 Positive Attitude Quotes
- A positive attitude puts you in control of your circumstances. Your circumstances no longer have power over you.
- As you journey through life, stay focused on the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
- The greatest discovery ever made is that a person can change his life by changing his attitude.
- Your positive attitude and gratitude will determine how you live your life.
- How do you make the world better? By making yourself a better person.
- You can change the world with your smile, but never let the world change your smile.
- A positive attitude does not guarantee success, but a negative one guarantees failure.
- It’s not what you don’t have that counts, it’s what you have.
- If you have a positive attitude, you won’t worry about the world not changing, you’ll change it.
- Never stop trying, and always know you can have the Life you choose.
Be All You Can Be!
What kind of person are you? One who sees your glass half-full or half-empty? If you see your glass half-empty, retrain your mind. Never forget how powerful you are. Most of the time, we conform to our external environment and let it define us. We think “I’m surgeon, I’m serious,” “I’m a janitor, I’m miserable,” “I’m a writer, I’m lonely.” The truth is that neither your profession nor your feelings define you. You are greater, superior, and more important than your environment tries to define. Embrace positive attitude thoughts and be all you can be.
- Relationships Done Different Facebook
- Relationships Done Different Twitter
- Relationships Done Different YouTube
Author: Esateys Stuchiner
Esateys (pronounced Ee sáh teez) is an International Life Transformational Speaker, Author, Master Facilitator, Life Coach and Expert in the Human condition. She is a Nationally and Board Certified Nurse Practitioner. For over 30 years, she has practiced, taught and lectured extensively in the allopathic and alternative medicine field.
Esateys is known for her groundbreaking work in the areas of personal empowerment and health restoration using mindset and inner connection as the catalyst for all change.
Esateys describes herself as the ‘Architect of the New You’ and has dedicated her life and professional career to helping her clients create “New Beginnings” by facilitating self empowerment, economic freedom and restored health.
For more information, go to esateys.com.