Here are the Basics of Self-Healing
The first thing that makes the basics of Self-Healing more powerful is to understand that it is possible! Some people say, “I can’t heal myself.” I say, “Of course you can. What do you think your body is doing every second of every day?” This article is going to give you the basics of Self-Healing I hope it inspires you to seek out even more ways.
The human body is an unbelievable technical wonder. It does things that we have no idea how it does it and it continues to impress science and the medical community continuously.
The body is exposed to 1000’s of potential infections and life threatening bacteria’s every day. It is constantly working to keep the immune system strong so the myriad of attacks are by-passed.
It is able to do this by continually clearing out and healing the areas that are compromised by the food we eat, environmental bombardment, mental, emotional and other physical stresses.
If you really take this in you will stand in awe of how your body functions each day. Take a moment, right now and take a look at that and do one of the most important steps in the Basics of Self-Healing which is utilizing Self-Affirmations. Say to yourself internally or out loud:
“I am in immense gratitude for my strong healthy body.”
Really feel those words. Experience the power and strength of your precious body and feel the gratitude of how amazingly it handles all of the abuses it is subjected to each day.
Affirmations are positively worded statements, written and spoken in the present which states something uplifting and affirms (or directs) something wonderful in occurring (as if it is already done.) Affirmations affirm that something is true. They are a big part of the basics of Self-Healing.
Affirmations are powerful and writing and repeating them on a daily basis will help shift your focus and attitude to whatever you are putting attention towards. They can be stated even if they do not ‘appear’ to be true right now. They will come into fruition as you put energy to them.
Some other examples of Affirmations are:
- My Life is more awesome than I could ever dream or imagine.
- I have more money than I could ever spend or give away.
- I love and appreciate my strong healthy body.
- I love weighing exactly what makes me feel so great about myself.
- I appreciate my perfect relationship and experience so much joy being with my partner.
Basics of Self-Healing include Meditation
There are many meditation benefits. When you look at this list you will see just a few of the benefits to meditation. You may want to take up this practice every day. Before we list the proven benefits let’s look at what this means.
Meditation is spending quiet time contemplating or being in quiet thought. Some call it introspection time or reflection time.
Self-Healing Meditation is what supports natural healing. Self-Healing occurs when you go within and allow the stress to be released.
Although healing meditations can be done in many different ways, in a moment, I will give you an idea on how to meditate easily and simply which will support the benefits of meditation tremendously!
Here are just a few of the many reasons to make meditating a part of your daily routine. Meditation:
- Increases the blood flow in the entire body and allows the heart to slow down.
- Causes the body to relax which allows the energy of the body to be directed to increase self-healing.
- Increases the power of the immune system.
- Slows the aging process.
- Clears the brain and increased sharpness emerges.
- Builds self-confidence.
- Decreases depression.
- Increases peace and calm.
- DECREASES STRESS
- Improves memory.
- Improves relationships.
- Makes us less-reactive to daily conflicts.
- Gives us a Lighter Attitude and sense of well-being.
- Enhances a deeper perspective about yourself and Life.
This list truly only scratches the surface of the amazing benefits of meditating, which takes the stress off the body, mind and spirit. When this occurs the natural self-healing kicks in at a much higher level.
There are 100’s if not 1000’s of ways to meditate.
YOU CANNOT DO IT WRONG!
It is important to find the way that works best for you.
Remember: Intention is Everything!
If your intention for your meditation is to become more relaxed then state that intention. If you are not sure what to set your intention for you can always default to, “I accept the highest and best for me to occur from this meditation,” or something like this.
I suggest (especially if you are new to this) starting with this simple technique that is incredibly powerful. Here is something that I personally do every day and sometimes in the middle of the day.
- Create an environment that is quiet, peaceful and that you will not be interrupted. Turn your cell phone off. Sit upright and comfortably. This is not a time to sleep so please do not lie down.
- Close your eyes and ideally use eye covers. This allows the attention to go inward more readily.
- Consciously choose to relax your entire body, starting with the top of your head down to your feet.
- Put your attention on your breath. All focus is to be put on the inhalation of air through your nostrils. Feel the air as it moves through your airways. As you exhale feel and focus on the air as it moves through your mouth and crosses your mucous membranes.
- Count to 8 as you breathe in notice any thoughts as they pass by. No need to respond to your thoughts in any way. Let the rhythm of the breath take you deeper as you observe them without any additional thought attached to them.
- Exhalation through your mouth is slow and rhythmic to the count of 8. Continue to observe your thoughts without judgement. The rhythm of the inner and outer flow will cause the body to sink into a deep place of relaxation.
- When you are complete, gently become aware of your surroundings. Notice the sounds in the room, how your toes and hands feel.
- Open your eyes and move slowly on to your next activity.
You can do this for 5 minutes or an hour. Do what is best for you.
If you find the mind very busy or you are not able to relax that is OK! It happens to most people, especially at the beginning. Relaxation comes with time and the mind will hardly every stop chatting.
Remember: The purpose of meditation is NOT to stop thoughts from occurring.
Here a few for you to check out. See if they are interesting to you:
- Self-Healing: Creating your Health by Louise Hay
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing: A Practical Guide by Vansant Lad
- Healing Your Emotional Self: A Powerful Program to Help you
- Raise Your Self Esteem, Quiet your Inner Critic and Overcome Your Shame by Beverly Engel
- Health Is in Your Hands: Jin Shin Jyutsu – Practicing the Art of Self-Healing (with 51 Flash Cards for the Hands-on Practice of Jin Shin Jyutsu) by Waltraud Riegger-Krause
Self-healing is a terrific tool to have as a part of your day to day experience. If you develop the desire to put focus on supporting your body in Self-Healing you will find yourself feeling better and enjoy your healthy Life even more!
Author: Esateys Stuchiner
Esateys (pronounced Ee sáh teez) is an International Life Transformational Speaker, Author, Master Facilitator, Life Coach and Expert in the Human condition. She is a Nationally and Board Certified Nurse Practitioner. For over 30 years, she has practiced, taught and lectured extensively in the allopathic and alternative medicine field.
Esateys is known for her groundbreaking work in the areas of personal empowerment and health restoration using mindset and inner connection as the catalyst for all change.
Esateys describes herself as the ‘Architect of the New You’ and has dedicated her life and professional career to helping her clients create “New Beginnings” by facilitating self empowerment, economic freedom and restored health.
For more information, go to esateys.com.