The Self-Healing Power is WITHIN! It is Automatic!
Yes it is true. You don’t have to do anything consciously. It just happens. Your body has the perfect power, wisdom and capability to heal itself. The difficulty comes from us asking the body to do more than it is capable of in any given moment and putting roadblocks in front of its ability to do its innate job.
We ingest things and push our natural capabilities beyond what our bodies can handle and when over-taxed it still strives like a real Champion to maintain its Homeostasis.
Where do you think this power and capability comes from? Have you ever wondered what gives your body the ability to run trillions upon trillions of functioning and rejuvenating processes every single moment of each day?
We will not take the time to address what is Beyond the Mind today although, I invite you to ponder what that Force is and express Gratitude for it. Clearly, without it your body does not exist.
Homeostasis is an innate drive within the body that causes it do all it can to maintain equilibrium or balance of each and every cell of the body and mind.
Yes, even the mind has a Homeostasis factor. We create defense mechanisms and other psychological responses to help us stay as ‘together’ as we can when confronted with any kind of emotional threat.
One of the simplest examples is how your body strives to keep your body temperature at 98.6F. If you go outside and it is 45 degrees the fire within is stoked up so the body can keep the temperature at its balance of 98.6F as best it can.
Emotionally if we experience a trauma we may experience a loss of memory of that moment because it is too overwhelming to process it. The mind puts a cover or shroud around it and removes it from our awareness (amnesia) until we are ready to deal and process through it.
As I mentioned, you do not have to do anything to heal yourself under normal circumstances as the body naturally knows exactly what to do. This does not mean that you would not get a broken bone set so it can heal in perfect alignment. When it is in perfect alignment the healing still occurs from within.
If you fall down and scrape your elbow the blood flows to activate a cleansing of the wound. Then the blood clots to stop unnecessary blood loss. That level of homeostasis allows for the antibodies, white cells, growth factors nutrients and enzymes to reach the wound.
Inflammation sets in which causes heat, edema, pain and functional disturbance. Next the neutrophils and macrophages come in to clean up the old dying or dead tissue. Next the proliferation stage sets in which is the rebuilding phase. And finally the Maturation phase occurs which occurs after the wound has closed.
This is an automatic process. This is the magic of the body! You have no control over this. What you do have control over is whether you create difficulty for the body to heal itself. What we can do is:
Stop Creating the Barriers to Self-Healing
Illness and other problems we experience are symptoms that your body has not been able to access all it needs to do its natural healing job.
Did you know that Asthma is primarily a Dehydration problem? When we are dehydrated we produce Histamines because the body tries to conserve fluid loss through respiration by histamine release.
The Histamine constricts the bronchial tubes to conserve fluid loss due to dehydration. Usually antihistamines are prescribed, which causes the bronchial tubes to relax and ease air flow and simultaneously creates more fluid loss which exacerbates the problem.
What I am illustrating here is that the body has the ability to heal itself if we create a strong environment for it to work at its highest efficiency. (In this example, DRINK MORE WATER.)
How do we do that?
- The #1 most powerful thing you can do to ALLOW the Natural Self-Healing of your precious self is to Relax, Rest and Rejuvenate. When we stay out of the way and stop putting roadblocks in front of the natural ability of the body it can do miracles.
- STOP STRESSING!
- 99% of what you stress about has never happened and probably never will. If it has already occurred you cannot change it, so stop stressing about what you cannot change. Learn to ‘Frame’ or ‘Perceive’ it differently. I have an extremely powerful program called, “The MindSet BreakThrough System”. It is filled with incredible wisdom, tools,and opportunities to learn how to shift your perception about Life. You can find it at www.ultimateresultsacademy.com and then click on products on the navigation bar.
- REST MORE!
- Sleep More-8 hours is a good number and some people need more. Listen and Respect what YOUR body needs.
- The body does its best work when we are asleep. At that time we have most of the functions at a low level which means we are conserving energy which means we have more to use for Natural Healing. Why do you think when we are very ill we sleep so much? Can you see why when someone is critically ill or injured they may even put someone in a drug induced coma? This frees the body to heal.
- Some people do well with a 10-20 minute ‘cat’ nap every day. Find what works best for you.
- Another form of great relaxation is doing Breathing Exercises or Meditation.
- Rejuvenation is when you feel energized, quiet and refreshed from what you are doing. It is actually healing for the Body, Mind and Spirit. Many people find sitting and reading or watching TV (I do not recommend violent, stressful thrillers as they cause a subconscious and sometimes conscious stress) or taking a relaxing walk by the water or in the mountains to be rejuvenating. Others might find a Jacuzzi or body work, massage, reiki or other energy work to be fabulous.
- Educate Yourself on What Good Health Means
- Good Health to me means “Quality of Life.” It means I have the energy to do what I choose to do. It means I feel good in my skin. It means I feel good when I look in the mirror. It means I have an elevated mood and attitude. I see and feel things from a fun, playful, loving and non-judgmental perspective. It means I find the greatness in ALL things.
- Read articles like these and study the body and how it functions. It is the only part of Life that you can be guaranteed will be with you from start to finish.
- Make Health a priority before you have a need to try and repair degeneration. It is so much easier to be in a Preventative Health Mode than a Repair Mode.
- Make Friends with your Body
- Take time to literally connect with your body and tell it how much you appreciate how hard it works to keep you healthy and feeling good.
- Stop and focus within and determine what your body is desiring. If you have a pain or a problem go within and move your attention to that part of your body. Put attention to it and feel it completely. Many times just that alone will make a significant difference in a pain we have.
- Be conscious of how you feel before you eat or drink anything. Is this something that will enhance your health and boost your immune system? IF NOT, CHOOSE AGAIN.
- Drink More Water
- Many health issue come from dehydration.
- (Kangan Link) and fill them in the morning with Pure, Alkaline (ideally) water. Do not sleep until you have finished the amount of water that is best for you. To figure this drink at least ½ ounce clean water for every pound you weigh. I drink nearly 1 ounce per pound personally, which works well.
- Eat Pure Organic Food
- Eat foods that are alive and filled with Life. Google “Super Foods” and learn what will provide your body with the energy and nutrients that help it keep your immune system strong.
- Eat Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) foods. One study says 70-90% of our food is GMO which means your body is being stressed and even poisoned by what you eat.
- Avoid all processed and packaged food.
- Avoid sugar in most all forms including, corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, can sugars etc. Eat natural sugar that comes in the form of fruit and complex carbohydrates.
- Your body needs movement to create the toxins being released through the lymph system. Movement also provides critical oxygen to all the cells which allow them to work at their highest efficiency.
Here is the bottom line to all of this,
“The Self-Healing Power is WITHIN You!“
If you desire to support your highest form of Self-Healing become aware of what your body needs and do that! Provide it with the environment and the tools (like the best water, organic foods, rest and rejuvenation).
Become passionate about your health and watch the miracles of the Self-Healing Power that you already have working for you, expand even further!
Author: Esateys Stuchiner
Esateys (pronounced Ee sáh teez) is an International Life Transformational Speaker, Author, Master Facilitator, Life Coach and Expert in the Human condition. She is a Nationally and Board Certified Nurse Practitioner. For over 30 years, she has practiced, taught and lectured extensively in the allopathic and alternative medicine field.
Esateys is known for her groundbreaking work in the areas of personal empowerment and health restoration using mindset and inner connection as the catalyst for all change.
Esateys describes herself as the ‘Architect of the New You’ and has dedicated her life and professional career to helping her clients create “New Beginnings” by facilitating self empowerment, economic freedom and restored health.
For more information, go to esateys.com.