Self Healing Mediation
This article is focused on self meditation and, in particular, that which can be regarded as healing meditation. We will also share many benefits and helpful hints for successful self healing meditation.
But do you really know what mediation is all about? You do not need to be a Buddhist monk and don vibrant robes in order to meditate. You do not even need to subscribe to Buddhism, or any religion in particular for that matter. Meditation is defined in far broader terms than most people realize or appreciate.
What too few people understand about meditation…
The far-reaching benefits of meditations
Meditation has played a significant role in many belief systems for time eternal. As scientific studies are beginning to validate the beneficial effects of meditation, more and more people are turning to this ancient practice to restore balance and health to their lives. The benefits of meditations are profound, and have the potential to change your life. These are some of the reasons why people have turned to meditation for healing:
- Provides healing – physically, mentally, emotionally, and behaviorally
- Clears your mind of distractions
- Boosts your brain functions
- Improves your attention span and concentration levels
- Makes your mindful of the present moment
- Better self-awareness
- Restores internal balance
- Reduces stress levels
- Improves your mood and outlook
- Enhances your self-acceptance
- Enables you to be more appreciative
- Generates a feeling of connectedness
- Clears your body of toxins
- Prepares your body’s cells for self healing practices
- Builds up your immune system
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Allows you to sleep better at night
- Enables you to be more productive during the day
- Improves your metabolism
- Slows down the signs of aging
How to embark on self meditation for healing
- Find a quiet place where you can meditate in comfort, free of distractions and disruptions. A great idea is to do this meditation last thing at night before falling asleep and/or in the morning before you get out of bed to start your day.
- Lie down flat on your back, making sure that you are comfortable.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to relax your body before you start.
- Focus your attention on the different parts of your body, starting with your feet and moving up to your head. Stay focused on each part of your body for 15 seconds or so. Concentrate intensely and feel the energy in each part of your body.
- After that, move your attention up and down your body in a wavelike pattern, from head to toe and back again. Repeat this a few times.
- Focus on your body as a whole. Experience it in its totality. Focus your attention on feeling your body as a single energy field. Maintain your attention here for a few minutes. Be mindful of your body in its entirety – feel intensely present in every cell of your body.
- If you realize that your mind has wandered – don’t panic! This is a natural characteristic of the mind. Calmly but firmly bring your attention back to your healing meditation. The most powerful thing you can do is just observe the thoughts that are passing by. No need to judge or resist them. Just notice them like a cloud moving through the sky. When you do not give energy to them they will pass quickly and you will maintain your peace.
- At the end of your meditation for healing, take a few deep breaths and feel your entire body relax.
- If you are about to start your day, slowly open your eyes and bring your awareness to your surroundings before getting up.
- If you are lying in bed at night, enjoy the good night’s sleep that it awaiting you.
This body scan is one type of self healing meditation. It is designed to boost both your physical and psychic immune systems. Like all other examples of meditation, it is most effective when practiced regularly.
If you are doing this in the morning you might be wise to do this sitting up as being flat has a tendency to create sleep. This is fine if at night but in the morning you may not appreciate waking up and being 20 minutes late for work.
You can also sit quietly and breathe in slowly to the count of five. Then exhale to the count of five. Do this in a rhythmic and continuous manner. As you stay with the breath, allow your body to consciously relax. Note the thoughts without opinion or resistance.
Maintaining this pattern for 5-30 minutes will change everything for you. This is also a great exercise/meditation whenever you are stressed or triggered during your day. If you take 5 slow focused breaths you will be able to “See” your situation differently.
Another option that you can try on your own is a guided healing meditation. There are many examples that you can download for free from the Internet and use at your convenience.
The power lies within you
It is important to remember that your body has natural self healing mechanisms. However, these important mechanisms are unable to work efficiently, if at all, when you are experiencing any kind of stress.
This is why stress is often accompanied by illness. More importantly, this is where meditation is so powerful. Meditation provides the relaxation that is necessary to counter that stress and thereby activate your body’s self healing potential. Not only is meditation necessary for curative measures, but for preventative reasons too.
- Relationships Done Different Facebook
- Relationships Done Different Twitter
- Relationships Done Different YouTube
Author: Esateys Stuchiner
Esateys (pronounced Ee sáh teez) is an International Life Transformational Speaker, Author, Master Facilitator, Life Coach and Expert in the Human condition. She is a Nationally and Board Certified Nurse Practitioner. For over 30 years, she has practiced, taught and lectured extensively in the allopathic and alternative medicine field.
Esateys is known for her groundbreaking work in the areas of personal empowerment and health restoration using mindset and inner connection as the catalyst for all change.
Esateys describes herself as the ‘Architect of the New You’ and has dedicated her life and professional career to helping her clients create “New Beginnings” by facilitating self empowerment, economic freedom and restored health.
For more information, go to esateys.com.